+ 48 22 111 50 64


Residence Permit

Residence Permit in Poland with Language School Together

A residence permit is a document confirming the identity and allowing foreigners to live temporarily or permanently on the territory of Poland.

There are two types of this document: Karta Czasowego Pobytu (temporary residence permit) and Karta Stałego Pobytu (permanent residence permit). Both allow living in Poland for a limited time period (from 6 months to 10 years), without having to open or/and extend a visa. Also, it allows you to travel freely to the Schengen area and other countries with a visa-free regime, and to your own country. Unlike visa, residence permit gives you the ability to buy property, cars, take bank loans, work legally etc. A permanent residence may be issued after living in Poland for 5 years on the basis of a temporary residence permit. First, we will look at the procedure for obtaining a temporary residence permit on the basis of language courses at Centrum Językowe Together

Who can obtain a residence permit in Poland?

Citizens of other countries, intending to stay in Poland for at least 6 months, can apply for a temporary residence permit on the basis of:

These are the main reasons for obtaining a temporary residence permit. There are also other reasons for receiving a permit, but they are quite specific, so we will not talk about them.

Ways to immigrate to Poland and get a residence permit

When you have made the decision to immigrate to Poland, you can do so by one of the ways described above including studying at Language School Together. So, first, you need to obtain a Polish visa in your country. See details at Admission Procedure at our school. After getting a visa and moving to Poland, you have the opportunity to start the procedure for obtaining a residence permit.

After obtaining the permit (karta czasowego pobytu), you can:

The procedure for obtaining a residence permit in Poland on the basis of studying at Language School Together

Students, that have been enrolled for a semester or a yearlong course of Polish language, can start the procedure of obtaining the residence permit in Poland. To do so you must have the following documents:

  1. 4 copies of the questionnaire called "Wniosek o zezwolenie na zamieszkanie na czas oznaczony" filled in Polish. You can take them at Urząd Wojewódzki, where you will apply later, or you can print it from the Internet.
  2. Passport and 3 copies of all the pages that have any stamps. Passport is needed only for comparison.
  3. 4 photographs 4,5×3,5 cm (left profile without headgear).
  4. Rent contract (umowa najmu).
  5. A proof that you have sufficient funds on your bank account (wyciąg z konta bankowego). You must have at least 800 PLN for every month of your stay in Poland + 200 PLN for a return ticket.
  6. A confirmation of registration from Language School Together (given at our school).
  7. A receipt for tuition fee (from the school).
  8. Insurance that covers the cost treatment in Poland. Warning: accident insurance in not enough.The insurance can be issued at NFZ (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) or a private insurance company.

When you have all the documents prepared you need to apply for a temporary residence permit at Wydział Spraw Cudzoziemców at Marszałkowska 3/5 street in Warsaw.

If you have any questions about the procedure, feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help.




Join us!