+ 48 22 111 50 64


Polish Residence Permit

Polish residence permit with language school Together

For your convenience and peace of mind, we have prepared an ultimate guide on how to apply for a residence permit in Poland using language courses. Important spoiler: this instruction is valid during the quarantine period associated with the coronovirus! Therefore, if you are thinking how to legalize your stay in Poland now when all government institutions are closed to visitors, then this article will be useful for you. Let’s go!
So, you have decided that you want to receive a residence permit on the basis of studying at our school. What do we start with?

Step 1. Register for documents submission.

Now that the emergency regime has been introduced in Poland, the doors of all the government institutions are closed. Therefore, to submit your documents you do not need to sign up or register in advance in the electronic queue system. The main thing is to collect the necessary package of documents.

Step 2. Preparation of documents

A set of documents for those wishing to obtain a residence permit in Poland on the basis of courses looks like this:
  • two (!) copies of the application for a residence permit (Wniosek o udzielenie zezwolenia na pobyt czasowy), https://cudzoziemcy.gov.pl/pliki-do-pobrania/
  • a package of documents from the school (confirmation of admission to the course, confirmation of payment of tuition, lecture plan);
  • Polish bank account statement about the availability of funds for accommodation in Poland and for a return ticket. In 2020, the calculation of the amount must be done as follows: 708 zlotys for each month of residence + ticket for the return trip (at least 200 zlotys) + tuition fees + money covering your accommodation for the duration of your stay in Poland, according to the apartment rental agreement;
  • four actual color photographs 35x45 mm;
  • two copies of all pages of a foreign passport where there are any marks;
  • apartment rent contract, where you will live, or registration in Poland;
  • medical insurance for the entire period of study. The insurance policy must be issued in Poland.
  • receipt of payment of submitting documents fee for the residence permit (you can pay the fee remotely to: Urząd dzielnicy miasta stołecznego Warszawy, 00-691, ul. Nowogrodzka 43, Tytul: opłata za złożenie wniosku, Konto Nr: 60 10 301 008 000 000 0038. Be sure to indicate the name and surname of the contributor). For a card based on courses, the fee is 340 zlotys  
  • If you have any questions about the documents necessary for applying for a residence permit, you can always call our school at +48 22 111 50 64, +48 794 922 588, +48 576 230 090 or +48 730 954 779. Our administrators will advise you absolutely free and explain all the details about applying for a Polish residence permit!

Step 3. Sending documents by mail

Urząd now continues to work, but due to medical recommendations, they minimized contacts with people. Therefore, to submit documents, you only need to send them by mail. How to do it? Now let's figure it out!
  • To begin with, the status of your letter should be "list polecony prioretytowy z potwierdzeniem odbioru". This is the phrase you will need to tell the operator in the post office so that the letter is registered, and the inspectors of the department will be required to confirm it.
  • In addition to the letter, in fact, you will need to fill out two more forms - 1) confirmation of the sending of the letter by you and 2) the form, which in the future will confirm receipt of the letter by the Inspector of Urząd. Please keep the form confirming the sending of the letter, and also be prepared that after some time you will receive a notification that the inspector has received the documents you sent (it, of course, also needs to be saved).
  • Next, you need to put the entire package of documents that you have collected in an envelope (which you can buy directly in the post office) and send a registered letter to Urząd.
  • The full address of the Warsaw Foreigners Office is: Mazowiecki Urząd Wojewódzki w Warszawie Wydział Spraw Cudzoziemców, ul. Marszałkowska 3/5, 00-624 Warszawa,
  • Address of the Krakow Urząd is:Małopolski Urząd Wojewódzki w Krakowie Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców Przy Rondzie 6, 31-547 Kraków.
  • The cost of sending a letter is not more than 20 zlotys.
Important: the date of submission of your documents will be the date the letter was sent, therefore, after sending the above package, your stay in Poland will be absolutely legal.

Step 4. Additional documents

As soon as the operation mode of the offices is normalized, you will probably receive a registered letter, which will indicate what additional documents you need to provide. Usually this is another certificate from the school, which will indicate that you regularly attend classes, as well as a prove from the bank stating that you still have money in your account. Feel free to prepare another set of documents, and go to Marszałkowska 3/5 street at the dates and times indicated in the letter. 

Step 5. Obtaining a Residence permit card.

Wait for another letter or SMS in which it will be written when you can get a desired card – a residence permit. Before receiving, you will need to pay another fee: for the card itself – – 50 zl.
In order to maximize concern for the safety of all our students, all classes at our school are temporarily transferred to distance online education, which will last until the end of quarantine. After the emergency is over, all classes at Together will be held according to the standard schedule.
Brief Information about the residence permit obtained on the basis of courses at a language school:
* As a rule, a residence permit is issued for a period of study which equals a year or a little more. This means that during this time you can legally be on the territory of Poland, and also no more than 90 days in half a year to travel around the Schengen countries. While your card is valid (a year is a sufficiently long period of time that you spend immersing yourself in the subtleties of the Polish language) you can figure out how to get the next card, for example, enter the university. It must be understood, however, that if you do not attend classes when you receive a residence card through school, this will be considered a violation of the conditions for issuing a residence card. As a result, the card can be annuled, which can cause problems when crossing the border or contacts with the authorities. 
We are sure that together we will cope with all the difficulties,
Together School Family

Apply now

All courses




Join us!